Featured Video: Ballet: The unlikely respite for the pain of Parkinson’s – Channel 4 News (English National Ballet ). For more information go to “Parkinson Dances” in the paragraph “Dealing with Neurological Constraints” on the Neurological Exam page.
Brain Section Images for visualizing pathways
created by a Community Teaching Assistant. In 2014, B.C. Jackson created the following learning tools for reviewing pathways during the first run of Medical Neuroscience:
Lower Motor Neuronal Control (LMNC)
- The Stretch Reflex: Animation 16.1 -Neuroscience 5th ed.
- The Flexion Reflex: Animation 16.2 – Neuroscience 5th ed.
Upper Motor Neuronal Control (UMNC)
- Extra-pyramidal and Pyramidal Motor System: Animation by Pearson Education
Modulation of Movement (MoM) by the Basal Ganglia
- 2-Minute Neuroscience: Basal Ganglia by Neuroscientifically Challenged
- The Basal Ganglia: Animation in; “Central Nervous System – Visual Perspectives” by Professor Anna Josephson, Karolinska Institutet
Modulation of Movement (MoM) by the Cerebellum
- Chapter 5: Cerebellum – Neuroscience Online, University of Texas Health Science Center.
2-Minute Neuroscience: Cerebellum by Neuroscientifically Challenged
- Chapter 7: Ocular Motor System – Neuroscience Online, University of Texas Health Science Center.
- Chapter 8: Ocular Motor Control – Neuroscience Online, University of Texas Health Science Center..
- Eye movements while playing piano: YouTube video by ASL Eye Tracking.
Corticospinal Corticobulbar Pathways
- Corticospinal tract by Handwritten Tutorials
Visceral Motor System (VMS)
- Hypothalamus and Endocrine Function: Animation 3.6 – Psychopharmacology 2nd. ed.
- Micturition Reflex: Animation by Human Anatomy, McKinley, O’Loughlin, published by McGraw-Hill
Be careful not to violate copy rights. Images of publications by Pearson, McGraw-Hill and Sinauer publishers (Psychopharmacology, Animal Physiology, Biological Psychology, Neuroscience) for example can not be shared. Featured videos: only YouTube and Vimeo videos with a “Share” button have been embedded. If the owner enables the Share button, it means that they allow others to embed the video. If the copyright owner of the video has made a mistake and does not want the video embedded despite the Share button, please inform me. I will remove the video immediately. -Ellen-