Featured video: ThePianoGuys; 5 Guys, one piano. One Direction – What Makes You Beautiful.
Cognition, general resources
- Genes to Cognition Online by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. resource provided by Prof. White under the link to General Resources in the course Medical Neuroscience. A very useful 3D model of the brain with description of various brain structures, associated functions, associated cognitive disorders, substructures, research reviews, etc. Useful for Unit 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and in the preparation for the Functional Anatomy Exam and the Comprehensive Final Exam. This video on Using G2C Online is useful to watch.
Anatomical aspects of cognition
- Brain Function and Deficits of the Centre for Neuro Skills.
- From Input to Output: Animation 18.3 – Biological Psychology 7th ed.
- Regions and functions in the cerebral cortex: a list of functions and deficits or problems revealed when injury occurs at particular locations by Centre for Neuro Skills
- Mastering London Topography Changes Hippocampal Structure in Taxi Drivers: Biological Psychology 7th edition.
- What happens when you remove the hippocampus? TED-Ed Originals by Sam Kean.
Cognition in relation to deficits, damage and disease
- An introductory video on cognition in relation to mental illness.: The Brain’s Inner Workings part II: Cognition by NIMH (National Institute for Mental Health
- The Split Brain Experiment by Nobelprize.org
- Treasure Hunt a video on Broca’s aphasia by Shiree Heath
Sleep and Wakefulness
- Biological rhythms: Animation 14.2 – Biological Psychology 7th ed.
- A molecular clock: Animation 21.8 – Neuroscience 5th ed.
- The benefits of a good night’s sleep – Shai Marcu
- Figure 3. The Limbic Lobe: Anatomy and Physiology OpenStax College
Neurobiology of emotion
- The Emotional Brain: An Introduction to Affective Neuroscience by Davidson Films Inc.
Neurobiology of addiction
- The Science of addiction: Genetics and the Brain by University of Utah, Health Sciences
- Inside the brain of a gambling addict – BBC News
Respect the copy rights of the sites this page links to. Refrain from sharing images from Sinauer publications (Neuroscience and Biological Psychology). Images in OpenStax College publications have Creative Commons 4.0 License. Featured videos: only YouTube and Vimeo videos with a “Share” button have been embedded. If the owner enables the Share button, it means that they allow others to embed the video. If the copyright owner of the video has made a mistake and does not want the video embedded despite the Share button, please inform me. I will remove the video immediately. -Ellen-