Featured Video: “Picture of a thought”on Vimeo by Per Byhring This video is produced by sciencenordic.com / forskning.no. Animation and Music: Per Byhring – perbyhring.com. Script and Camera: Arnfinn Christensen
General Resources Virtual Lab
(Please be careful with what you share to avoid copyright infringement)
- Neuroscience, 2nd edition on the NCBI Bookshelf. D. Purves et al. 2001, Sinauer Associates, Inc. For more information, see the Bookshelf Copyright Notice.
- Neuroscience Online, Open-Access Neuroscience Electronic Textbook
- Brainfacts.org – BrainFacts Book.
- Anatomy & Physiology – OpenStax college, Unit 3: Regulation, Integration and Control is especially relevant.
- Neuroscience Fifth Edition, Sinauer. Animations, Summaries and Quizzes accompanying the course textbook.
- Glossary– Neuroscience 5th edition, Sinauer. Direct link to the online glossary of the textbook.
- Genes to Cognition Online by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. A very useful 3D model of the brain. It has descriptions of various brain structures, associated functions, associated cognitive disorders, etc. It is useful for the preparation of Quizzes and especially relevant for the Comprehensive Final Exam. You can watch this video on Using G2C Online.
- Handwritten Tutorials. Completely free videos with accompanying pdfs.
- Neuroscientifically Challenged: Clarifying series of short videos (2 minutes each) which will help you learn the basics of neuroscience, in short, easy-to-understand snippets!
You have to respect copyrights. Here are the copyright data of some of the resources this website links to.
- Neuroscience, 2nd edition. Editors: Dale Purves et al.: Sinauer Associates; 2001. You can not share the material from this resource, not even for educational purposes.
- www.anatomie–amsterdam.nl. Website made exclusively for educational purposes. All rights on materials are reserved. You are not allowed to commercially trade the material without written and signed approval of the owners/creators. Educators and students may use the material provided they do not modify contents, reverse engineer or otherwise infringe the intellectual rights and provided they quote the source: www. anatomie-amsterdam.nl .
- Anatomy & Physiology. OpenStax College .© 1999-2016, Rice University holds the copyrights. Except where otherwise noted, content created on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons 4.0 License. You can redistribute part of this textbook, providing you retain in every digital format page view (including but not limited to EPUB, PDF, and HTML) and on every physical printed page the following attribution:“Download for free at http://cnx.org/content/col11496/latest/”
- Neuroscience Animations. Material on the website of the textbook Neuroscience 5th Edition by Dale Purves et al. : Sinauer Associates; 2012. You cannot share this material, not even for educational purposes. You can only link to the site.
- Genes to Cognition . Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is owner of the copyrights. This material can’t be shared, not even for educational purposes. You can only link to the site.
- Featured videos: only YouTube and Vimeo videos with a “Share” button have been embedded. If the owner enables the Share button, it means that they allow others to embed the video. If the copyright owner of the video has made a mistake and does not want the video embedded despite the Share button, please inform me. I will remove the video immediately. -Ellen-