Featured Video: Experiences Build Brain Architecture, YouTube video by Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University. This video is part one of a three-part series titled “Three Core Concepts in Early Development.” The series depicts how advances in neuroscience, molecular biology, and genomics now give us a much better understanding of how early experiences are built into our bodies and brains, for better or for worse.
Embryological Subdivisions of the Human CNS
- Development of the embryonic brain by factheworld. Animation presented in OpenStax Anatomy & Physiology.
Early Brain Development
- Neural Development: Animation 22.1 – Neuroscience 5th ed.
- Brain Development: Animation 2.5 – Psychopharmacology 2nd ed.
- Neuron Migration: YouTube video by Bui Chi Bao
- Growth Cone : YouTube video by Unreal-time
Construction of Neural Circuits
- Zebrafish spinal neuron growth cone in culture: YouTube video by Mayo Clinic
- Simulation of a self organizing neural network using axonal growth: YouTube video by Roman Bauer
Modification of Neural Circuits in Early Neonatal Life
- Experiences Build Brain Architecture,:YouTube video by Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University. Featured video for this unit.
The Changing Brain Across the Lifespan (CBAL): Development, Repair and Regeneration
- Childhood Disorders by BrainFacts.org about Autism, ADHD and other congenital neural disorders
- Youth and Aging by BrainFacts.org
- Spotlight Live: Memory and Aging with Nobel Laureate and KIBS Director Dr. Eric R. Kandel, and Drs. Elias Pavlopoulos and Scott A.
Atlas of the developing human brain
- Allen Brain Atlas is a free online atlas containing sections for specimens at 15 and 21 weeks after conception
Be careful with copyright. Featured videos: only YouTube and Vimeo videos with a “Share” button have been embedded. If the owner enables the Share button, it means that they allow others to embed the video. If the copyright owner of the video has made a mistake and does not want the video embedded despite the Share button, please inform me. I will remove the video immediately. -Ellen-